Chicken Treadle FeederRegular price $169.50
The design of our innovative new treadle feeder reduces vermin problems and food waste.
Stepping on the mechanical treadle, the bird opens the tilt door that gives access to the feed. A rubber bumper prevents the tilt door from hitting the feeder back wall to reduce noise.
Designed not to be opened by small animals such as wild birds, mice and rats
To train your birds to use the feeder, simply weigh the treadle for a few days allowing free access to the feed. The weight can be removed once they are regularly feeding from the treadle feeder
These feeders are weather proof and are suitable for outdoor use
The feeder is pre-assembled, except for the treadle and the feet, which are mounted easily.
Unit is packaged in compact and sturdy carton boxes
Introducing our new design improvements, which provide the following advantages:
- Constructed of metal for long life with limited plastic parts
- Diamond-shaped lid to avoid stagnant water
- Lid blocking button and tilt door hinges made from nylon for a longer life
- Perforated metal treadle to easily remove dirt and to provide the bird with a steady and comfortable support
- Hook to adjust the treadle height
- Plastic supporting feet to avoid the direct contact of the sheet with the soil, thus preventing oxidations that compromise the feeder life
- Knurled knob to adjust the height of the feed distribution shutter
- Anti-waste nylon grid. It prevents the birds from scooping out the feed
- Anti-drip rim to prevent the feed from getting wet
Available in two sizes: